As organizations scramble to protect themselves and their customers against privacy or security breaches, the ability to conduct penetration testing is an emerging skill set that is becoming ever more valuable to the organizations seeking protection, and ever more lucrative for those who possess these skills. In this course, you will be introduced to general
concepts and methodologies related to pen testing, and you will work your way through a simulated pen test for a fictitious company.
This course will assist you if you are pursuing the CompTIA PenTest+ certification, as tested in exam PT0-002.
- Penetration Tester
- Vulnerability Tester
- Security Analyst (II)
- Vulnerability Assessment Analyst
- Network Security Operations
- Application Security Vulnerability
To ensure your success in this course, you should have:
• Intermediate knowledge of information security concepts, including but not limited to identity and access management (IAM), cryptographic concepts and implementations, computer networking concepts and implementations, and common security technologies.
• Practical experience in securing various computing environments, including small to medium businesses, as well as enterprise environments.
You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-601) course or by obtaining the appropriate industry certification.
Lesson 1: Scoping Organizational/Customer Requirements
Lesson 2: Defining the Rules of Engagement
Lesson 3: Footprinting and Gathering Intelligence
Lesson 4: Evaluating Human and Physical Vulnerabilities
Lesson 5: Preparing the Vulnerability Scan
Lesson 6: Scanning Logical Vulnerabilities
Lesson 7: Analyzing Scanning Results
Lesson 8: Avoiding Detection and Covering Tracks
Lesson 9: Exploiting the LAN and Cloud
Lesson 10: Testing Wireless Networks
Lesson 11: Targeting Mobile Devices
Lesson 12: Attacking Specialized Systems
Lesson 13: Web Application-Based Attacks
Lesson 14: Performing System Hacking
Lesson 15: Scripting and Software Development
Lesson 16: Leveraging the Attack: Pivot and Penetrate
Lesson 17: Communicating During the PenTesting Process
Lesson 18: Summarizing Report Components
Lesson 19: Recommending Remediation
Lesson 20: Performing Post-Report Delivery Activities